The first thing: man’s soul is connected neither to the brain nor to the heart, man’s soul is connected to his navel. The most important point in a man’s body is the navel; it is the center. The navel is not only in the center of man’s body but also in the center of life. A child is born through it and his life ends through it. And for the people who discover truth it is the navel which becomes the door.
You may not be aware that the whole day you breathe with your chest but at night your breathing starts coming from the navel. The whole day your chest goes up and down, but at night when you are asleep your belly starts moving up and down. You must have seen a small child breathing; the chest of a small child is not moving, it is his belly that is moving up and down. Small children are still very close to the navel. As a child starts growing, he starts breathing from the chest only, and the tremors of the breath no longer reach the navel.
How to Care Umbilicus/Navel/Belly Button
The belly button/Navel/Umbilicus can be a difficult area on your body to clean, especially because we forget about it so often. The good news is that, aside from taking regular baths or showers, you don’t need to clean your belly button much, especially because it contains a team of very helpful bacteria. But if you’ve recently gotten a piercing in your umbilicus, or you haven’t peeked down there recently and think it could stand a good clean, this article will guide you.
Why Does My Belly Button Smell?
Discharge and smells can be a result of several different factors, though slight navel odors are typically normal. If you have a combination of foul smell and discharge, it could be a sign of:
- Fungal infection or yeast infection of the belly button
- Bacterial infection of the belly button
- A wound or bruise around or within the belly button
- A simple build-up of sweat and belly button dirt
How to Tell if Your Belly Button Is Infected
Belly buttons that are crusted, inflamed, or itchy may be infected. Common symptoms of a belly button infection or allergic reaction to a piercing include:
- Red, itchy skin around the navel
- Foul smells
- Yellow, green, or dark-colored discharge
- Persistent pain, particularly around a piercing
- Blistering around the navel or piercing
Rarely, people can develop stone-like masses inside the belly button. Known as omphaliths or umboliths, these growths can fill the entire navel and lead to infection, inflammation, and ulcerated skin.
For these reasons, it’s important to keep your belly button as clean as possible.
Belly Button Infection Prevention: How to Clean Your Belly Button
- The first step to a clean belly button may seem obvious, but it bears repeating. A shower with plain old soap and water should remove lint, dirt, and some bacteria. You don’t need to scrub, but you should make sure the shower washes away obvious grime.
- If you have an “outtie,” lucky you: Your belly button is probably pretty clean. Those with deeper navels may need to get a little more aggressive about cleanliness. Dip your finger or a soft washcloth in a solution of salt water (about a teaspoon of table salt in a cup of warm water) and gently massage the inside of your navel. This should loosen stubborn germs that can cause odor. Then rinse with plain water and pat it dry.
- Resist the temptation to apply lotions or creams to your belly button. The extra moisture can contribute to bacterial or fungal growth.
How to Clean a Belly Button Piercing
If you have a navel piercing, you’ll need to pay special attention to your belly button. You can use the same saltwater solution mentioned above:
- Wet a clean cloth in the solution and apply it to the area as a warm compress several times a day. This should remove any discharge or crust and allow you to gently move the jewelry through the piercing.
- Pat it dry when you’re finished.
Remember, if your belly button still smells and doesn’t respond to these approaches, you should visit your doctor. If you develop redness, swelling, pain, or discharge, your belly button could be infected. This is especially likely if you have a navel piercing. In this case, you may require antibiotics or other treatment .
So the more a man practices fearlessness the more his navel will become healthy; the more a man practices courage the more his navel center will develop. The more fearlessness grows the more the navel will be strong and healthy and the contacts with life deeper. That is why all the great mediators of the world have considered fearlessness to be an essential quality in a seeker – there is no other significance of fearlessness. The significance of fearlessness is that it makes the navel center totally alive; it completely facilitates the total development of the navel.