How to Care Your Throat-Neck and Adam Apple
We Need to care our Throat-Neck and Adam Apple for support our head and allow for motion also we need to take care our throat and Adam apple which was helping us to speaking and eating and much more . We will describe some tips below to protect some serious problems in our Neck ,Throat and Adam apple –
-:How to Care Your Neck :-
Taking special care of your neck is very important to maintain good overall health, implement these tips to keep your neck healthy, strong and pain-free.
- Avoid slouching when you sit. Put your back completely against your seat to support your lower back
- Avoid sitting for long periods without changing your position
- Take a break from sitting several times an hour and gently stretch your neck muscles with shoulder shrugs.
- Strive to stand up as straight as you can, avoiding a head-forward posture.
- When lifting heavy objects, lift with your knees, not your back.
- Buy a Bluetooth headset to talk hands-free instead of cradling your phone on your shoulder.
- Fix the Position of your computer monitor so you’re looking directly at the screen when you hold your head in a neutral position.
- We can choose a comfortable, adjustable-height computer chair with arm rests to take strain off your neck muscles.
- Use an ergonomic keyboard to prevent straining your wrists, arms and shoulders.
- Find a New Pillow , an supportive pillow is a very common cause of acute and chronic neck pain. The goal is to find a pillow that supports your neck and head in a neutral position, whether lying on your side or your back. Avoid sleeping on your stomach because even a pillow that perfectly supports the natural curve in your neck can’t counter the pressure from lying in this position.
- Have a Chiropractic Adjustment, Cervical spine decompression causes pressure resulting in herniated discs, which can be incredibly painful. Traumatic injury and poor posture are two common causes of this condition, and it’s just one reason you might seek a chiropractic adjustment at Freedom Health Centers. Our team consists of physical medicine experts and a neurologist to help prevent and reverse neck and spinal injuries.
- Implement Relaxation Exercises, learn relaxation techniques to relieve stress, relax muscles and prevent neck pain. When stress begins to take hold, try these tips: Take slow, deep breaths.
Turn on some soothing music and close your eyes. Soak in a warm bath. Sit in a cool, dark room and meditate. Sip on a warm, alcohol- and caffeine-free drink, such as herbal tea. Get a Neck Massage Whether you suffer from chronic neck pain or it’s simply been a hectic week, a neck massage could be just what the doctor ordered. Stop in at Freedom Health Centers today to discuss your desired outcome with a massage therapist and receive a perfectly relaxing massage for your needs.
- A back and neck massage can work wonders for sore muscles at any time, but it’s especially beneficial when you’re pregnant. Pregnancy changes your body’s center of gravity and causes muscles in your neck and back to readjust to the new weight, resulting in aches and pains. For help getting through the second half of your pregnancy, visit Freedom Health Centers for relaxing massages. We can ease your pain without the need to take medication that could potentially harm the fetus.
- Take Special Precautions if You Play Sports, According to Everyday Health, neck injuries are common among athletes. To help prevent hurting yourself while playing your favorite sport, try these tips: ” Warm up by stretching every major muscle group in your body. Wear protective head gear when playing contact sports. Change activities if the sport you play tends to cause neck pain”.
- The primary reasons to exercise may be to tone your arms, legs and core, but stronger neck and shoulder muscles also result from regular exercise. You’re less likely to injure your neck when the muscles are strong. Rowing exercises are ideal for strengthening your neck. Of course, regular exercise also helps you maintain a healthy weight. Health Central points out how this is important to neck health: having lighter arms and a more toned chest puts less stress on your shoulders and neck, decreasing the likelihood of neck pain.
- Apply ice for the first few days. After that, apply heat with a heating pad, hot compress, or by taking a hot shower.
Beauty Tips For Girls or women of Looking Younger Neck
- The direction of massage for the neck skin is a very important thing to remember because a nice massage in a wrong direction or with the wrong movement over the neck can damage the skin. Neck skin is very thin and delicate. It is more delicate than the skin of your face. The proper direction to massage the skin of the neck is by moving both your palms from lower to upper region in vertical movements. Never massage your neck in circular motions or from top to bottom.
- Oils help the neck skin to rejuvenate. Not just any oils though. You have to be careful when it comes to selecting the right kind of oil. Select those oils which are not extremely heavy and are in their pure form.
- Coconut oil is heavy oil but it can be used in very little amounts or you can mix it with a little water on your palm and then use it. Olive oil, sweet almond oil, chamomile oil, eucalyptus oil, and rose oil are also good options.
- Do not over massage you neck. A neck massage should last from 10-15 minutes maximum with a possible break of one or two minutes in between. Over massaging can strain the neck skin.
- Masks and packs also work wonders for the neck skin just like the skin of the face. Use fruit masks on the neck for best results. Fruits like apple, ripe banana, avocado, and plums can work wonders for the neck skin. Here are some packs that you can easily stir up at home and use – A pack of mashed ripe banana (preferably ripe but not stale) and olive oil can be used as a nice pack for your neck. Apply this on the neck when you are applying other face packs on the face. Wait for 15 minutes and wash off with plain water. The fine lines on the neck will vanish giving you glowing skin. You can use this twice a week. A nice mask made of egg white and honey can be applied on the neck with a brush for 10-12 minutes and washed off with Luke warm water. This will give you fairer skin around your neck and removes any fine lines. A pack of mashed pumpkin can be applied on the neck too for 20 minutes, 3 to 4 times a week. Pumpkin is a great anti-aging vegetable. You should include this in your regular diet in some form in your late 20’s or early 30’s.
- A very important point to remember while using packs on the neck skin is to never allow any type of pack other than fruit packs to get dry on the skin of the neck. Packs of clay, gram flour (besan), whole wheat flour (atta), or any other kinds of mud packs should never be left to dry and crack over the neck skin.
- If you can get a spa treatment for your neck, then there is nothing better than that once in a while. Make sure that your body position while taking massage is correct. If you are taking a massage for relaxation purpose or getting rid of spondylosis pain, then a sitting position can be quite good. But if you are taking a spa polishing or smoothing treatment for the neck, then the best position would be to lie flat on your back during the treatment.
- Exfoliation of the neck skin is important too. Use only mild exfoliators. Use upward strokes only for exfoliating and do not extend the time more than five minutes. Use a scrub made of ground almonds and milk, and apply on the neck. Start from near your shoulders and move to the top, do this for five minutes. Wash off as you bathe. Do this two to four times a week. This is one of the best neck cleaning tips that will offer great results.
- Apply face wash on the neck while taking a bath. Avoid harsh soaps on neck skin. Shower gels which are pH balanced are fine, though.
- Apply toner on the neck skin with a cotton ball when you use a toner for your face. Apply sunscreen on to neck in same upwards strokes like usual. Keep a special vitamin E enriched moisturizing skin cream for the neck. Apply cream or lotion in the same way with upward strokes with your palm.
- A good way to noticeably reduce pores is to rub your neck and face with ice cubes. But be careful so as to not catch cold. Ice cubes rubbed on the neck for 15 minutes, preferably every day, can help you lessen any pores on the neck.
- Use a sunscreen with SPF 30 or above on the neck and face as well.
- This is a very important and parting point of this whole article. Remember to remove makeup from your neck while removing your face makeup. Neck’s skin is no different than the skin of the face. It also contains pores. Makeup blocks the pores and obstructs the skin of the neck to breathe properly. The result is dull and sagging skin. Next time, remove makeup from the neck skin too, with a cotton ball dipped in makeup remover with upwards strokes only.
-: How to care your Throat :-
We rarely give much thought to our throat unless it begins to hurt, feel dry, or make no sounds when you wake up. When this happens, we go from not giving our throats much though to not giving much thought to anything else. Especially when we feel pain every time we swallow. Then we run around looking for something to take to help it return to normal. During flu and cold season, most of us are getting better at preparing to head off as many germs as possible. We build up our immune system, get a flu shot, wash our hands more often, and learn to direct our cough and sneezes into our bent arms. You can’t be a part of the human race and not come into contact with all sorts of germs and people who are sick. Practicing good health habits is the best way to avoid getting sick. Your throat is a finely tuned structure of tissues, nerves, glands, and blood vessels. It needs looking after. If you overuse some of the delicate organs and tissues of the throat, you’ll end up with problems or even damage to those organs and tissues.
Learning how to take care of your throat is easy, and in most cases the benefits are well worth the effort. Here are six of my favorite ways for keeping your throat healthy.
1. Protect Your Throat from Cold Temperatures
Get in the habit of wearing a scarf around your neck to keep the throat area warm. Do you know that the neck is one of the most overlooked sources of heat loss? Anywhere from 40-50% of our body heat can be lost from the surface of the head and neck. Changes in extreme temperature, such as going from a heated car into the cold outside and vice versa, should be avoided when possible.
2. Avoid Sharing Eating Utensils
Don’t ever drink from the same glass, cup, or bottle that someone else is using, as you may be at risk of cross-contamination. The same is true for sharing eating utensils and even napkins.
3. Clean Your Toothbrush
One source of infection that is overlooked by most people is the toothbrush. Left overnight, it can be a potential source of problem for the throat and mouth. Every morning, before brushing the teeth, soak your toothbrush in a glass of hot salt water (a teaspoon will suffice). This will help to disinfect the toothbrush and also helps keep it clean.
Replace your toothbrush or toothbrush head regularly. The ADA recommends replacing your toothbrush every 3 to 4 months and sooner if the brush becomes frayed. It’s also a good idea to store your toothbrush upright and avoid storing in closed containers. Keep your toothbrush in a dry climate instead of a moist environment which is conducive to microorganisms.
4. Gargle With Salt
Gargle every night with a mixture of warm water and salt. Just a pinch of salt will do. During cold and flu season, this is a habit that will help to disinfect the mouth and throat. This is a timeless remedy, in fact — your grandmother probably knew the benefits of making this a habit. If you catch a sore throat early enough, salt water will give you fast relief.
Bonus tip: Salt water can also be used to clear a stuffy nose. Just lightly sniff the above mixture into each nostril. You’ll instantly begin breathing better through the nose.
5. Use Honey and Ginger To Protect Your Throat
One of the very best ways to protect the throat is with ginger juice and honey. After a good brush in the morning, squeeze a little fresh ginger juice (3-4 ml) with 5 ml of honey, and see for yourself what a good insurance policy this is for protecting your throat all day.
I make my own ginger juice by boiling 2-3 slices of real ginger (found in the vegetable section), then cooling it a little.
I have also used turmeric. Simply take 1/2 cup of hot water and add a pinch of salt and 5 grams of turmeric powder to it. Drink this every night during cold and flu season to protect your throat.
Another tip for relieving sore throat pain is to gargle with warm water and cayenne pepper.
6. Vocal Warm Ups For Professionals and Teachers
Daily vocal warm ups are a must for singers, speakers, doctors, actors and the like. However, not just any warm ups will do. In fact, some warm ups can do more damage to the throat than not engaging in any warm ups.
Slow, gentle humming on comfortable tones are excellent warm-ups. Feel for vibrations across the mask area. To keep the lips loose and relaxed, include the buzzing sound (buzz your lips the same way you would on a baby’s belly to make the baby giggle).
Sigh lightly on a soft ‘ahhhh,’ feeling completely relaxed. Even yawning is an excellent warm up for the voice.
-:How to Care Adam Apple :-
The Adam’s apple is a familiar bulge or a bony prominence that you see in front of the neck in many men; it is also present in women but the bulge is not that big. It moves up and down when you swallow food or drink fluids. Medical term used for it is laryngeal cartilage some also call it thyroid cartilage. Primarily Adam’s apple becomes prominent during puberty and it is also considered to be secondary sexual characteristic. It is the cartilage which protects larynx and voice box. The thyroid gland is just close to thyroid cartilage. Pain in Adam’s apple can be due to various reasons. It can be due to inflammation of the cartilage itself or due to thyroid problems etc. Pain in Adam’s apple is quiet disturbing and patient may sometime find difficulty in swallowing. It is also tender to touch. When pain is present along with fever and redness over the area, it is necessary to consult the doctor.
Pain In Adam’s Apple When Swallowing?
Since thyroid gland lies adjacent to Adam’s apple, any inflammation and pain in thyroid gland can make the patient feel pain in Adam’s apple. Actually there is no pain in the Adam’s apple. Acid reflex is a condition where stomach acid backs up the esophagus due to weak esophageal valve. Stomach acid irritates the lining of esophagus and causes swelling in that portion which lies at the back of Adam’s apple. Thus it gives an impression that the pain is in Adam’s apple. At times swallowing also becomes painful. Stress related acid reflex can also give a feeling of soreness and lump in throat area. Cyst or a lump in vocal cord can also give rise to pain in the area of Adam’s apple. Pain in Adam’s apple can also occur due to trauma. Cancer of thyroid can give rise to pain in the region of Adam’s apple. Thyroid cancer is many more times common in women than in men. The lump of thyroid cancer appears to be a second Adam’s apple. Most of the time, it is painless and moves similarly as Adam’s apple-up and down with swallowing. Other symptoms include blood in cough, difficulty to swallow food; cough of long duration, weight loss, hoarseness of voice and sometime there is radiation of pain towards jaw and ear.
How to Treatment For Adams Apple Pain
Treatment of pain in Adam’s apple will depend on the cause. If the cause is treatable, the pain will vanish by treating the cause.
If pain is due to inflammation of thyroid gland, focus is aimed at treating inflammation of thyroid gland. Once the condition resolves, pain in Adam’s apple is ameliorated.
In case of reflux, patient is advised to eat 2 hours before going to bed. Reduce taking alcohol and spicy food to improve reflex episodes. Proton pump inhibitors are usually prescribed by the doctors to reduce acid reflux symptoms.
Patient can apply locally warm fomentation over the area.
When there is pain due to trauma or an injury to the area, anti inflammatory medicines and painkillers may also help in reducing the pain in Adam’s apple.
Salt water gargling is also a simple home remedy that may be helpful when pain in Adam’s apple is due to upper respiratory tract infection
Some additional care need for man . When you shaved -you need to careful about your Adam Apple also to your skin. Save your Adam Apple form getting hit/bit from any where